Our team of specialists within our Brain Injury Service are currently looking for a passionate Male* Support Worker to provide support to our male client in Watford, who has who suffered severe organic brain damage at an early age.
Our client needs someone to help him to plan and organise his day and to attend personal training sessions with his specialist personal trainer. The successful candidate will need to support him to understand his emotions and provide insight into why he finds things challenging.
Great opportunity to gain psychology experience and work within a Multi-Disciplinary Team!
Current shifts are: Wednesday's & Thursday's - 9:30am - 17:30pm
You will receive specialist support worker training and have the opportunity to work alongside multi-disciplinary teams such as clinical psychologists, occupational therapists, speech and language therapists and other rehabilitation clinicians. We have positions for full or part-time work, however, you must be able to commit to a minimum of 15 hours per week.
Our Specialist Areas that our support workers cover include:
- Traumatic or Acquired Brain Injury
- Parkinson’s, Motor Neurone or Huntington’s Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
Shifts are available for various hours and days and the pay rate is from £10.55 per hour.
Why SweetTree? Some of the benefits of working as a Support Worker include:
- Minimum 4-hour shift with clients
- Pay rates from £10.55 per hour
- Comprehensive Pre-Employment Programme
- Internal awards, a recognition scheme and Long Service Awards
- £200 Friend Referral Scheme
- 28 days paid holiday including Bank holidays
- DBS Certificate fully refunded once you have worked 80 hours
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Career development pathways through our Care Training Academy
All applications for this position must be made online by clicking the 'Apply' button and our Recruitment team will be in touch once the application has been reviewed.
**Exemption is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9