Have you experience in being part of a therapy group as part of a psychology degree?
Have you worked in an environment facilitating or being part of therapy groups?
Do you have experience in working with people with a diagnosis of dementia or mild cognitive impairment?
SweetTree Homecare Services offer individual cognitive therapy (iCST) packages to our clients who have dementia. We need therapy assistants who can carry out 1-1 therapy, who have the skills to carry out a session, and be able to document observations and outcomes of the session in a structured way.
We currently have the following packages
- Wimbledon – Tues, Thursday and Fridays
- Woodford – Wednesday mornings
- Packages also in Kensington and Stratford.
As this is a growing service companion packages will also be offered where iCST principles are incorporated as opposed to pure iCST.
This is a great experience for someone needing practical experience to support their studies, and for established care workers to learn new skills which will enhance their relationships with their clients.
iCST training will be given as well as the comprehensive 4 day pre-employment induction.
Essential and Desirable knowledge, skills, and experience:
• Good communication skills, as well as the ability to develop relationships with both the client and their family.
• Flexibility and reliability are essential.
• An ability to understand that the client’s views and opinions should guide the sessions is essential.
• An understanding of how 1-1 cognitive stimulation can improve or stabilise dementia is desirable
• Somebody with a background in psychology or 1-1 therapy is desirable
• We are looking for someone trained in iCST or willing to be trained and receive ongoing supervision by a dementia office team member.
As our iCST programme is growing there is high potential for increasing hours in the future.
If you want to know more please press apply and our Recruitment Team will be in touch.