Brain Injury Support Worker
£11.55 - £13.65 per hour depending on your experience and the client’s needs
SweetTree Home Care Services has been committed to providing exceptional support and care to people with acquired brain injuries and long term neurological conditions for 16+ years. The role of Brain Injury Support Worker sits in a dynamic team providing high quality care & support for a range of clients who have sustained a brain injury or have a neurological or mental health condition, in their own homes, hospital or residential setting.
We are looking for an experienced brain injury support worker in the Kingston area to support our client who requires prompting and support to implement a weekly timetable of activities and groups that he attends and also requires route planning and travel training to unfamiliar places.
Shifts available are Monday - Sunday 9.30am - 4.30pm
- Support the client to undertake their rehabilitation programme
- Support with day to day tasks such as budgeting, managing appointments and assisting with correspondence
- Support with attending social and sport opportunities
- Liaise with families, friends, advocates, external agencies and the management team to provide a consistent approach that meets the individual needs of each service user
Essential Skills, Experience & Attitude:
- A minimum of six months previous experience supporting someone with a brain injury, neurological or mental health condition
- An ability to keep up to date with current issues relating to all Clients and experience of liaising with external stakeholders and other professionals.
- Experience of working positively in a diverse environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and tactfully at different levels, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent organisational skills and a thorough approach to work.
- Ability to work autonomously and productively as part of a team.
All applications for this position must be made on online by clicking the 'Apply' button and our Recruitment team will be in touch once the application has been reviewed.