The Dementia Service is looking for an experienced support worker with an understanding of Dementia to carry out “individual cognitive stimulation therapy”(iCST) for packages with our clients in North and North West London.
This will be to carry out activity from the iCST manual as well companionship, such as walks in the park or cooking which might be linked to the iCST activity.
Essential and Desirable knowledge, skills, and experience:
• Good communication skills, as well as the ability to develop relationships with both the client and their family.
• Flexibility and reliability are essential.
• An ability to understand that the client’s views and opinions should guide the sessions is essential.
• An understanding of how 1-1 cognitive stimulation can improve or stabilise dementia is desirable
• Somebody with a background in psychology or 1-1 therapy is desirable
• We are looking for someone trained in iCST or willing to be trained and receive ongoing supervision by a dementia office team member.
As our iCST programme is growing there is high potential for increasing hours in the future.
To apply, please click the Apply Button or for more information, call Clare on 0207 644 9550.