Brain Injury Support Worker
£11.55 per hour
SweetTree Home Care Services has been committed to providing exceptional support and care to people with acquired brain injuries and long term neurological conditions for 15+ years.
The role of Brain Injury Support Worker sits in a dynamic team providing high quality care & support for a range of clients who have sustained a neurological injury or illness in their own homes, hospital or residential setting.
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced and dynamic support worker to work with our client who lives in Sutton and sustained a brain injury at birth and is a wheelchair user. Our client needs support planning his daily schedules, assistance with personal care, companionship and help with mobility as he likes to attend community groups, swimming, football matches and meeting friends and social outings.
Shifts available are: Mondays 3-7pm and Saturdays 3-9pm
- Support the client to undertake their rehabilitation programme
- Support with activities of personal care, which may involve use of a hoist, and daily living
- Support with planning and attending social and sport opportunities
- Liaise with families, friends, advocates, external agencies and the management team to provide a consistent approach that meets the individual needs of each service user
Essential Skills, Experience & Attitude:
- An understanding of the needs of all Clients.
- An ability to keep up to date with current issues relating to all Clients and experience of liaising with external stakeholders and other professionals.
- Experience of working positively in a diverse environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and tactfully at different levels, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent organisational skills and a thorough approach to work.
- Ability to work autonomously and productively as part of a team.
- Physically fit and able to undertake safe manual handling practices as required.
If you are interested, please press the Apply button or call Clare on 0207 644 9550 for more information.
Or, you can use the Full Apply Form here.