Brain Injury Support Worker
£11.55 - £13.65 per hour depending on your experience and the client’s needs
SweetTree Home Care Services has been committed to providing exceptional support and care to people with acquired brain injuries and long term neurological conditions for 15+ years.
The role of Brain Injury Support Worker sits in a dynamic team providing high quality care & support for a range of Clients who have sustained a neurological injury or illness in their own homes, hospital or residential setting.
We currently have opportunities for dynamic male and female support workers to develop the range and depth of their skills and experience. You will be working with clients who have sustained a brain injury (either through accident or through illness) and want to get their lives back on track.
Have the ability to plan, motivate, use your initiative, patience, creativity and be non-judgmental. You will be supported by our extensively experienced office team and multidisciplinary therapists.
- Support the client to undertake their rehabilitation programme
- Support with day to day tasks such as budgeting, managing appointments and assisting with correspondence
- Support with behaviour management, such as help with emotional needs and anger management
- Support with activities of personal care, which may involve use of a hoist, and daily living
- Support with attending social and sport opportunities
- Liaise with families, friends, advocates, external agencies and the management team to provide a consistent approach that meets the individual needs of each service user
Essential Skills, Experience & Attitude:
- An understanding of the needs of all Clients.
- An ability to keep up to date with current issues relating to all Clients and experience of liaising with external stakeholders and other professionals.
- Experience of working positively in a diverse environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and tactfully at different levels, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent organisational skills and a thorough approach to work.
- Ability to work autonomously and productively as part of a team.
- Physically fit and able to undertake safe manual handling practices as required.
If you are interested, please press the Apply button or call Clare on 0207 644 9550 for more information.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Or, you can use the Full Apply Form here.