*Female Learning Disabilities Support Worker required for our client in Southwark
Our team of specialists within Learning Disabilities Service are currently looking for passionate female* Support Workers to provide support to our lovely client in Southwark, a couple of time a week.
If we asked a client to describe herself, she would say "I call myself a mother first and a woman with disabilities second. Twice a week while my son is at school you support me to get out and be part of my community. You encourage me to go to the gym and exercise with me. You encourage me to think about classes and woman’s groups to empower me and to ensure that I know how to keep myself safe".
Our client would like to get out and about in the community, visit the gym and meet new people. We are looking for an experienced support worker help her achieve this who would also be willing to take part in some of these activities and who is empowering and has emotional resilience.
Key skills include:
- Previous experience in supporting clients with Learning Disabilities, Mental Health, Challenging Behaviour or Complex Needs (preferably six months)
- Outgoing and bubbly personality - likes meeting new people and taking part in activities
- Good level of English
- Students or graduates of Psychology, Social Work, SEN Education or any healthcare related subjects are welcome!
Why join SweetTree?
- We have been voted 35th Best Company to Work For by Sunday Times 2018!
- Our latest CQC Inspection has rated us an ‘Outstanding’ care provider
- Your voice is heard - our philosophy is based on good practices and open communication
- We offer you an inspiring working environment – you will liaise with experts in various fields
- We offer variable hours' contracts with the opportunity to work towards fixed hour contracts starting from 15 hours per week
*Exemption is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9
If this role presents a good fit with your skills and experience, please click the ''Apply Now'' button or call Julie or Clare for more information on 0207 644 9550.
Or, you can use the Full Apply Form here.